Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quickie: quitting superstruct

The site has none of the functionality needed to support the game. That drives a lot of game activity off-site, to twitter and personal blogs and wikis and whatnot, but I think that's why our survival age has stayed at 02046 since day 3 of the game. Now people are actively spending their intellectual resources on trying to fix the game, rather than solving the survival problem. Good lord, what chance does the species have in 02019 if the Institute for the Future can't create a website with the functionality we've come to take for granted in 02008?
I still think it's an interesting idea, and have learned something from participating, but I'm done trying to work with the tools they've provided for us. I hope they try it again sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, it seems like a really good idea, but as for the way that it's been pulled off.... seems more like some one asking a question at a bar.