Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kitten!

A few weeks ago a friend of mine took in a stray cat, and I was watching her last week while he was out of town.
Monday night while I was hanging out with her, I realized that she was pregnant, and yesterday morning when I checked in on her, she had given birth!
One of the kittens was dead when I got there, but I spent most of the day hovering over her and the survivor- she's a remarkably social cat, didn't mind me handling the kitten at all, and needed to be coaxed a bit to hang out and nurse him. Pictures!




It's hard to tell what's happening in the last one- she's completely wrapped around him, and his little face is poking out. squeee! ^_^
These pictures are a few hours apart, and you can't really see how much rounder his belly got during the course of the day, but you can kind of see his ears unwrinkling and his face fluffing up.

No comments: