Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Uninspired

So, as you may have noticed, this blog is less and less about the community and more about myself personally.

I think it's just that I'm in a bit of a down place lately- a lot of collaborative projects have sort of fallen apart due to one thing or another, so I'm having a little rebound period where I rethink what I want to be involved in and the extent of my involvement.

On the other hand, being done with those things is incredibly freeing, and I'm starting to feel a spark of creativity and enthusiasm for personal projects. So it's fine, I'm just not in the same place I was six months ago when I started blogging.

One of the things I'm thinking about is that I need to take on personal projects that specifically don't resemble the work I do for money. I really enjoy the weird stuff I make with wire and paper and find it gratifying, and want to explore working more with physical stuff, rather than looking at a monitor.

Also, I need to make more substantial connections with some of the amazing people I know, because I think that having people to bounce things off of would be really helpful for me. I have a hard time prioritizing spending meaningful time with people, but I need to do that.

So if you don't mind, I'll continue to share like I have been, and keep the title the same. And thank you for your patience.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You're cycling through it all -- the inspiration will come up and softly tap you on the shoulder and you wont realize it has happened till you're halfway through the process itself.